- Course C: September 10th 2020 - 15th July 2021, Thursdays 9am - 1pm (NOW TAKING BOOKINGS, email to book)
- Course B: September 2019 - September 2020, Wednesdays 12.30pm - 4.30pm (NOW FULL)
- Course A: May 2019 - April 9th 2020, Thursdays 7am - 11am (NOW FULL)
Miriam, TT 2018
This course is suitable for those with an interest in deepening their own practice and understanding of yoga and also for those who wish to teach yoga to others. On completion of the course students will be accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals. This is a 200 hour foundation course in Hatha Yoga. You will need to have been practising yoga regularly, for a mimimum of two years, before participating on this course.
Anya, TT 2018
This course will teach you:
- To sequence classes that are suitable for beginners/intermediate students
- To deepen your own practice and understanding of asana, meditation, pranayama, yoga nidra and mudras
- To teach poses with modifications and learn how poses can be broken down with alignment to make the practice safe, compassionate and accessible to all
- To teach clearly and compassionately through verbal instruction, demonstration and hands on adjustments
- How to incorporate key texts into your yoga teaching or for personal reflection
- An understanding of yoga ethics - how to embody the teachings of yoga
- How to recognise and accommodate the differing needs of your yoga students
Additional benefits of this course:
- Be reassured that you are getting the highest quality of teaching from an experienced teacher.
- Have the attention you require – small teaching groups to ensure 1-1 treatment.
- Be taught a detailed and comprehensive syllabus - truly understand the philosophy of yoga, about your mental and physical practice and about yourself.
This course will consist of 3 terms of which you will be required to attend:
- 10 - 14 classes per term;
- 4-day non-residential retreat (August 19th - 22nd 2019, 8 - 2pm).
COURSE A IS NOW FULL
The term dates (Course A) are as follows:
- Term 1: 9th May - 25th July 2019 (half-term 30th May)
- Term 2: 5th September - 5th December 2019 (half-term 24th October and 31st October)
- Term 3: 9th January - 9th April 2020 (half-term 20th Feb)
COURSE B IS NOW FULL
The term dates (Course B) are as follows:
- Term 1: 3rd September - 3rd December 2019
- Term 2: 7th January - 17th March 2020
- Term 3: 7th April - 7th July 2020
COURSE C: BOOK NOW
The term dates (Course C) are as follows:
- Term 1: 10th September - 3rd December 2020
- Term 2: 7th January - 8th April 2021
- Term 3: 22nd April - 15th July 2021
For those people intending to teach there will be opportunity to observe classes and to assist. There will be homework, assessment and ongoing mentoring included.
This course meets the stringent requirements set up by Yoga Alliance Professionals, whose graduates are trained to the highest standard.
About the Teacher
Sophie is a senior teacher and teacher trainer registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals. This is the highest level of accreditation and demonstrates rigorous standards of training and practice. Sophie is certified to teach yoga classes, CPD training and yoga teacher training courses.
How to sign up for this course
The total cost of the course is £1,960.
Payment Option 1
Please pay course fees of £1,960 to S.C: 201275, Acc: 70988359 to secure your place.
Payment Option 2
Please pay £504 (non-refundable deposit) on acceptance. The second payment of £504 will be due by 1st May 2020. A third payment of £400 will be due by 1st June 2020. The final payment of £552 will be due by 1st July 2020.
The fees include weekly Wednesday classes and the non-residential retreat. For those wishing to teach, the fees also include observing and assisting in classes, mentoring and subsidised Trainee membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals. All students will automatically be insured as part of the course fee.